0 out of 8
Zoe Stark is back! The former NXT Women’s Tag Team Champion has been shelved by Toxic Attraction and is back to take a fresh take on the group. She is the new No. 1 contender for the NXT Women’s Championship held by Mandy Rose.
The July 26 edition of WWE NXT 2.0 will open with Stark talking about her recovery and her vision for her future.
The D’Angelo family took a big shot at Diamond Mine, setting The Creed Brothers while Roderick Strong and Damon Kemp battled. Tony D’Angelo gladly accepted the challenge of an eight-man tag team match to demonstrate his group’s dominance.
Xyon Quinn gladly spoiled NXT’s return for the Apollo Crews, costing him a match against Giovanni Vinci. The crew wanted revenge in a match. Vinci will also compete on the night, facing Andre Chase.
Wes Lee sought revenge himself, battling Grayson Waller as he built momentum for a second match against Trek Williams. Andy Hartwell was hoping to turn the latest bad luck against Ariana Grace.
This show had the opportunity to surprise many by highlighting a lot of the best talent in NXT 2.0 both in and out of the ring.
1 of 8
Zoe Stark showed her appreciation for fans for kissing her back after being injured. Cora interrupted Jade on stage and the poisonous attraction followed her from the cliff. Stark challenged Mandy Rose to a title match, but instead Gigi Doolin agreed to fight her later.
Jade’s interference was completely unnecessary in this segment other than keeping her on TV. We might get Stark vs.
While Stark isn’t the most polished mic worker, she’s enthusiastic, which goes a long way. She told the story of her injury and path to recovery before explaining why she needed to take down the NXT Women’s Championship. The game sold out anytime in the near future.
- Stark advised that she had a schedule longer than a year to come back from surgery. She returned eight months later.
- Stark called in Jade to eliminate the NXT Women’s Tag Team Championship, leading her to exaggerate that championship.
- Mackenzie Mitchell gave an interview to Schism in which he promised Joe Gacy that he could be Cameron Grimes’ new father figure.
2 of 8
Grayson Waller dominated the action against Wes Lee. When Lee finally found the hatch, Trek Williams shot him out of the crowd, setting Waller for a rolling, rebounding bit that sealed the win for a screeching mouthful.
Besides the cheap finish, this was a really good back-and-forth contest. Waller continues to show a smooth and varied range of motion while Lee has always performed at a high level. These two are professionals of a brand that desperately needs them.
Lee vs. Trick isn’t the most exciting feud, but it helped establish Trick as more than just a butler to Carmelo Hayes. It can be very good for the first step in the separation of the two. Waller scores another win that could lead him to the NXT Championship challenge.
Waller def. me via installation.
- Before coming out, Waller put himself better than me and everyone watching.
- Lee tried to turn around for the movement but jumped straight onto Waller’s shoulders, which lifted him to powerbomb effect.
- Waller pulled Lee off the top rope into the ground as Trek punched him in the back, almost causing a count.
3 of 8
Xyon Quinn tried to maintain firm control of the match, but once Apollo Crews gained a foothold, he never gave up. Quinn planted with a one-arm powerbomb for the win.
While this match got time, the match wasn’t very exciting. There was a little drama. Despite weeks of backlogs, I never felt like Quinn had a chance. The end itself was flat, and didn’t land hard enough to feel like a proper end to the competition.
Both men are talented, but their ability to tell a story in the ring has been called into question here. Crews has the experience and talent to do more. Quinn showed serious potential that NXT 2.0 isn’t all he’s interested in unlocking.
Defeated crews. Quinn install.
- Quinn planted the crew with heavy loading punches of the firefighter and then went to help him run but it took an Inzujiri who turned the momentum of the match.
- Wendy Cho wakes up from a dream of losing the royal in battle and promises to make Tiffany Stratton’s life worse.
- Keanna James gave a PowerPoint presentation on Nikkita Lyons as the main issue in the NXT Women’s Division.
4 of 8
Gigi Doolin barely challenged Zoe Stark. Once the #1 competition started, Dolin planted with a GTS belly-to-back for the win. Next, Cora attacked Jade Stark, but Roxanne Perez came back to run.
Despite being eight months out, Stark looked smoother than ever in the ring. The procedure was short but tight, and not a single second was wasted throughout this surprisingly one-sided affair.
It’s a shame this was a whole squash, but the goal was to push Stark. She emerged as a real real name, eliminating a former tag team champion and competitor in minutes.
Perez’s comeback was somewhat opposite. He rushed out unnecessarily. However, this allowed NXT to quickly announce the future of the NXT Women’s Championship.
Stark defeated. Dolen install.
- It was announced that Rose would face Stark at the NXT Heatwave on August 16. She faced the NXT Women’s Champion Sarai, and had a match between them next week.
- Perez along with Alundra Blayze has announced that she is relinquishing the NXT Women’s Tag Team Championship, and that next week’s Fatal 4-Way Championship will crown the next Tag Team Champions next week.
- Solo Sikoa challenges Von Wagner to a Falls Count Anywhere match next week. Wagner gladly accepted despite Robert Stone’s warning.
5 of 8
JD McDonagh appeared in the crowd giving health advice to the fans. Then he greeted everyone in the front row in the ring. Finally, Brun Brick called out. He challenged NXT Champion McDonagh to a match at the NXT Heatwave before heading him.
While McDonagh finished the segment sitting on the mat, this was a surprisingly clever sector. He showed his wits by going beyond the many ways in which he could break a man with only limited power.
Even when Breaker knocked him to the ground, he laughed in the champ’s face. The difference in size between these two hardly seems like a factor at this point as the competitor has made it clear exactly how he will beat the bigger man.
- McDonagh threatened to break Joseph’s collarbone with pressure.
- Breakker broke McDonagh’s lip with a nod, causing the opponent to laugh.
6 of 8
Andre Chase made Giovanni Vinci pay for his ego, and he almost scored a win in multiple moments. Vinci finally knocked him away with a powerful bomb. Nathan Fraser prevents Vinci from attacking the professor afterward.
This has been tonight’s match so far, coming from an unexpected source. While Vinci is certainly a great wrestler, he also had to bring out a different energy from Chase. This was a major event and took advantage of most of the time.
Vinci needed to win here, but he gave more than expected to the professor. This was a testament to the value both men add to NXT and why they deserve more spotlight. If the new creative system helped any match on this show, it was this one that got the most time.
Vinci Dave. Chase installs.
- Before the match, Nathan Fraser found Chase U backstage and asked for a chance to represent them as the flag bearer.
- Vinci dominated until he decided to break Chase U’s flag over his shoulder, resulting in Chase, who knocked him out of the ring.
- Chase implanted Vinci with an atomic drop, a spine racket, a series of boots and a side slam that almost won her.
- I caught Vinci Chase jumping with a delayed vertical suplex, then Chase responded with a double-hook Power Bomb.
- NXT showed Axiom a comic book-style video bundle, in celebration of its first win.
7 of 8
Ariana Grace tried to prove herself, but she had no idea how to win. Andy Hartwell hit her with a big boot to take the win.
This was a full squash match as expected. Grace is still learning, so there wasn’t a lot of action that left an impact.
Hartwell got a valuable win. It was a harmless part to push Indian wrestling back on the right track.
Hartwell defeated. Nima install.
- Behind the scenes, before the show, Grace questioned why Hartwell had shot her in the Battle Royal and promised to stay away from her passivity.
- Sangha talks about Valentina Fairouz and Yulisa Leon about their title, which is filmed next week.
- Katana Chance and Kayden Carter got into an argument with Ivy Nile and Tatum Baxley, and Electra Lopez was involved in fanning the fire, causing a quarrel.
- In pre-recorded interviews, Lash Legend and Alba Fire warn each other of what will happen when they fight again.
8 of 8
Tony D’Angelo made sure to fire Cruz del Toro, Joaquin Wilde and Channing “Stacks” Lorenzo for less experienced member Damon Kemp. Finally, he got the Julius Creed Hot Tag. He changed the momentum of the match.
Brutus Creed gets High-Low from Wilde and Del Toro, leaving Roderick Strong and Julius to battle the four. Strong Julius accidentally rode in his face, allowing Don to win with Fuggedaboutit.
This was a surprisingly distraction-free talent struggle. The two stables fight to get to the most logical conclusion. If anything, it felt like it was too short. As The Family grows more comfortable together, Diamond Mine disintegrates, so there was no reason to spoil that dynamic.
Julius looked good throughout the match and even before. He’s formed as the new leader of the group, which likely means that Strong will fight him for control of the diamond mine soon.
The D’Angelo family def. Diamond Mine Installation.
- Behind the scenes, D’Angelo reminded his family that they need to focus on the battle with Diamond Mine. Diamond Maine are cooperating as they prepare for this match.
- Del Toro and Wilde wore matching outfits with D’Angelo and the Stacks to show solidarity.
- The match started slow, but a full-blown brawl broke out before long, and ended with the Don retreating only to get a Brutus bomb.
#WWE #NXT #results #winners #scores #reactions #highlights #July